Cannot manage v18 firewall from SFM

Hello,

After successfully migrated my XG135W from v17.5.9 to v18, I'm unable to manage my firewall in SFM.

I downloaded the compatibility pack from SFM for v18 firmware as shown on this screenshot:

But when I select the v18 firewall in the list of the firewalls managed by SFM and I click OK, nothing happens.:

Thank you for your help.

• Just wondering: Maybe best position to migrate to Central Management? 

Or is there a blocker from your site ? 

• In reply to LuCar Toni:

I tested in the past the Sophos Central Firewall Manager, and it appears that it's much more longer and laggy to use it compared to my local Sophos Firewall Manager...

And while I need to manage all the firewalls of my custommers within a single and unique console, the Sophos Central feature is not adapted for me.

Thanks.

• In reply to LuCar Toni:

Although Central can be a good choice, it is not the choice for everyone.

SFM is much faster.

Viken, can you open a ticket?

Please update the forum so someone can investigate with the ticket.

Thanks

• Hi  

I have confirmed that my test system is also unable to select the v18 firewall that I have configured with SFM.

Please could you open up a support case and then PM me the number.

Thanks!

• In reply to KingChris:

Hello,

I opened a support case, here is the number: 9730953

• In reply to VikenNajarian:

Problem Solved,

The compatibility management has been removed and re-downloaded, and the problem is now solved, I can manage my v18 XG on SFM :) 

Thanks.

Hi,

We seem to have the same issue.

SFM is managing 59 XG Firewalls running 17.5.11 without an issue. However we have a single firewall running 18.0.0 and it shows up green and in sync on the dashboard however simply wont take any changes pushed to it. I have re-downloaded the compatibility pack for SFM and still the same result.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Adam

• In reply to Adam Rippon:

Hello,

What is the firmware version of your SFM ?

Hi,

We are using SFMOS 17.1.2 MR-2

Thanks for your help

• In reply to Adam Rippon:

Hi,

Are you able to open the involved firewall configuration in SFM, and navigate through the different menus ?

Hi Viken,

I must apologise... it appears i can browse & push rules / config etc when i select the individual firewall from SFM. I will re-do the testing i was performing to see if i can re-create the issue or establish if the limitation was pushing a change when all devices were displayed.

Thanks again

Adam