This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How does one deploy firmware updates to devices via SFM?

Hello. I can't seen to find the right section for checking for and centrally deploying SF updates via SFM. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Ken9000,

Assuming you are on v16 of SFM, you can find it under System Monitor and then on the left hand navigation Device Settings -> Firmware.

Once you click that you will see a list of device models.  Ours has a bug where all our devices show under an XG105 even though we have 105's up to 330's.  Click on the action Apply and it will bring up a wizard to schedule the date/time and select the devices you want to apply.

It's a little worrisome at first as the GUI implies it will apply the firmware immediately, but it does launch another window to actually schedule.  Has worked very well for us.

Thanks,

John

• Thanks, John. I was looking in the right place after all, but our SFM isn't showing any devices ("No Records Found") in that section. We have 2 310s added successfully to SFM otherwise. Not sure why they don't show up there.

• Did you click on "Check for latest firmware"?  Also, do you have all the compatibility firmware selected?  I had this happen in the past and I think it was a combination of the appliances were all at the latest revision, so SFM didn't think (or know) there was anything to update.

Thanks,

John

• Did you click on "Check for latest firmware"?  Also, do you have all the compatibility firmware selected?  I had this happen in the past and I think it was a combination of the appliances were all at the latest revision, so SFM didn't think (or know) there was anything to update.

Thanks,

John

Children