This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What's the correct way to manage firewalls now for MSPs?

Is it Sophos Central, CFM or what?

It's confusing as hell now...

So on the latest 17.5, I've selected Sophos Central, it's asking to authenticate, but it doesn't show in the portal. If I add it to the portal via serial number, I get an error that it's already claimed by CFM or something.

It is in the CFM, but disconnected, so how do you delete it from here if the CFM is not being used anymore? And should we migrate all devices to central rather than CFM?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Also want to know what the heck is flying with this. So confusing. As an MSP, there's:

• MySophos
    • Sophos Central
    • Sophos Partner Central Admin or whatever
    • Sophos CFM or SFM

It's a freaken maze lol. We have like 5 different accounts with Sophos and I can't make heads or tails of how to properly manage our client's Sophos XG firewalls as an MSP that we purchase and setup for them.

• I guess, you should talk to your Sophos rep to get a clear vision on this.

But i can try to cover most of those parts. 

Lets start with the vision of the "Term License". (Not MSP Business).

MySophos was build for the Customer (License Holder) to have a way to manage their License.

Most likely this is for the customer. The Partner can see the customer license with expiry date etc. on the Partner Portal. 

So because of the existing partner portal, the customer need some "Website" / Portal to cover their licenses. 

Sophos Central (Admin) is the Central management platform for all Sophos products. 

https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/sophos-central.aspx

Beginning with Mobile and Endpoint, more and more products get managed by Central.

XG started couple of month ago with the "first phase". Single Sign on to the XG Webadmin and alerting.

https://community.sophos.com/products/xg-firewall/sophos-xg-beta-programs/central-management-eap/f/feedback-and-ideas/109352/stay-tuned-for-the-launch-of-the-public-eap-for-firewall-management-in-sophos-central

Sophos Partner Dashboard is the platform for the Partner to "jump" to all Central Admin Account of all their customers (if they want to be managed by the partner). 

The Sophos Cloud firewall manager is also placed here. (CFM). It is a hosted Sophos Firewall Manager (SFM) by Sophos. 

https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/next-gen-firewall/firewall-manager.aspx

You could also host this by yourself. 

It is fully integrated in XG with Template Support, Device Management, Pushing of Configuration etc. 

So more likely more features like Central (Admin) Management, like covered above. 

Sophos is planning to get more and more features into Central (Admin) Management for XG to cover all features, which are in SFM/CFM right now. 

Unfortunately, CM (Central Management) is not there at the moment. So if you want to have more features, you have to choose CFM in Partner Dashboard.

This is for Term Licenses (Customer buys the License, Partner is only managing).

In MSP Business, the Partner buys the Hardware and only "rent" the hardware to the customer.

So now there is a slide shift.

MySophos is covered by the Partner. The Partner uses their mySophos Account.

At the moment, i saw most likely approaches like: CustomerA@Partner.com, CustomerB@Partner.com etc. etc. And each email address is used for the XG for the mySophos Account / Central Account etc. 

To separate the customers. 

The vision behind this is: Central Admin Management will replace the CFM. So basically you register a Central Account for Customer A and everything for this Customer is placed in this. Afterwards you manage this globally via Partner Dashboard.

At the moment, you have to use CFM for XG and Partner Dashboard for Central Admin (EP, mobile etc.).

Hope this explains couple of points. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I guess, you should talk to your Sophos rep to get a clear vision on this.

But i can try to cover most of those parts. 

Lets start with the vision of the "Term License". (Not MSP Business).

MySophos was build for the Customer (License Holder) to have a way to manage their License.

Most likely this is for the customer. The Partner can see the customer license with expiry date etc. on the Partner Portal. 

So because of the existing partner portal, the customer need some "Website" / Portal to cover their licenses. 

Sophos Central (Admin) is the Central management platform for all Sophos products. 

https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/sophos-central.aspx

Beginning with Mobile and Endpoint, more and more products get managed by Central.

XG started couple of month ago with the "first phase". Single Sign on to the XG Webadmin and alerting.

https://community.sophos.com/products/xg-firewall/sophos-xg-beta-programs/central-management-eap/f/feedback-and-ideas/109352/stay-tuned-for-the-launch-of-the-public-eap-for-firewall-management-in-sophos-central

Sophos Partner Dashboard is the platform for the Partner to "jump" to all Central Admin Account of all their customers (if they want to be managed by the partner). 

The Sophos Cloud firewall manager is also placed here. (CFM). It is a hosted Sophos Firewall Manager (SFM) by Sophos. 

https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/next-gen-firewall/firewall-manager.aspx

You could also host this by yourself. 

It is fully integrated in XG with Template Support, Device Management, Pushing of Configuration etc. 

So more likely more features like Central (Admin) Management, like covered above. 

Sophos is planning to get more and more features into Central (Admin) Management for XG to cover all features, which are in SFM/CFM right now. 

Unfortunately, CM (Central Management) is not there at the moment. So if you want to have more features, you have to choose CFM in Partner Dashboard.

This is for Term Licenses (Customer buys the License, Partner is only managing).

In MSP Business, the Partner buys the Hardware and only "rent" the hardware to the customer.

So now there is a slide shift.

MySophos is covered by the Partner. The Partner uses their mySophos Account.

At the moment, i saw most likely approaches like: CustomerA@Partner.com, CustomerB@Partner.com etc. etc. And each email address is used for the XG for the mySophos Account / Central Account etc. 

To separate the customers. 

The vision behind this is: Central Admin Management will replace the CFM. So basically you register a Central Account for Customer A and everything for this Customer is placed in this. Afterwards you manage this globally via Partner Dashboard.

At the moment, you have to use CFM for XG and Partner Dashboard for Central Admin (EP, mobile etc.).

Hope this explains couple of points. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Children
No Data