Types of Support for Home Users

I have two WAN connections and two routers in my home. One is running Untangle NG and the other SOPHOS XG Firewall. I am testing SOPHOS XG Firewall to determine if I want to replace my Untangle software. Untangle provides a support program for their home users for $50.00 a year. This allows me to use email to obtain support from Untangle.  Does SOPHOS have such a support program for home users?

• Hi,

support for home users of XG is only from these forums except for hardware where you have to contact your reseller.

Ian

• In reply to rfcat_vk:

Thanks for your response rfcat_vk.

That's unfortunate. Seems like a money making opportunity to me. Home users don't generally require a lot of support after the initial familiarization period. I have probably not used Untangle's support more than half a dozen times in several years.

• In reply to callengodfrey:

Astaro (a long time before Sophos bought the company) used to do that on the UTM, but decided the cost of administration was too high and changed to forum support only.

In most cases you will get excellent support from these forum, there are paid Sophos support staff and some devs who frequent the forums.

Ian