Migrate SG license to XG not possible

Hi Folk,

I'm trying to migrate our SG firewalls to the new XG hardware.

I'm following this KB: Sophos XG Firewall: How to convert an SG appliance to an XG appliance with SFOS

The real experience is totally different, there is no way to upload the SG license file into the XG Webadmin.

At the first boot of the XG appliance the setup wizard is mandatory, no way to login with default admin account as described on the KB.

On the setup wizard there is no way to upload the SG license but only register the device to MySophos and get a trial license.

The XG appliance firmware is 17.0.6 MR-6.

Anyone with the same problem? How did you solve?

Kind regards

Massimo

• Do you have a SG Appliance with SFOS? This is the requirement for this KBA / process.

If you have a XG Appliance or Software Appliance running SFOS, this Option is not there. 

• In reply to LuCar Toni:

Hi Luca,

you confirm as I suspected :-(

Now I have to ask how to do to my reseller...

Kind regards.

Max.

• In reply to mdallagi:

Please note that if you want to move the remaining term on your SG / UTM9 subscriptions to an XG appliance and no longer use the SG device / UTM9 licence, your Reseller can arrange a quote for you that will achieve this. 

For example, you may want to do this in conjunction with a hardware refresh offer: https://www.sophos.com/en-us/lp/utm-refresh.aspx. e.g. If you have 18-months of FullGuard remaining on an SG210 and purchase an XG210 on the hardware refresh program you can trade-in the remaining 18-month SG210 FG license to reduce the price of a 3-year XG210 FullGuard license for your replacement device.

Regards

Paul

• In reply to PaulWarren:

Yes Paul, that is the case: hardware refresh.

I already arranged a quote with my reseller.

Regards.

Max.