The Sophos Community will be offline for scheduled maintenance this Saturday, May 27th, at 13:00 UTC for approximately 1 hour. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

"Wanna" ransomware outbreak. Please see this Sophos article for advice on how to protect your organization. Immediate action recommended.

Can't register firewall

I've installed the XG Home edition firewall, but can't get past the registration screen.  When I click the Login button the page refreshes and nothing else happens.  A similar thing happens if I try to login to the sophos.com website.  After I enter my credentials and hit enter I get the sophos logo and a spinning wheel but that's it.  Is there something wrong with the site or is it just my account? 

• Tim,

make sure the computer you are using to configure your XG is able to reach internet. Same thing for the XG.

If it does not work, reinstall XG.

Make sure XG is able to reach internent using console > ping 8.8.8.8

Regards

• In reply to lferrara:

Thank you for the response.  Yes the firewall and my PC both have access to the internet.  I haven't tried a reinstall yet, but that wouldn't help me being able to log into sophos.com website.  Maybe I need to make a new account?