Advanced Threat / Security Heartbeat / Register / FAILS!

Hi to all, new user here.

I am trying to register Sophos Firewall with Cloud and I get the following message:

First Try => Security Heartbeat update failure

Consecutive Tries => Temporary error while accessing Sophos Central, please try again

FYI, No trials, but licensed Endpoint Advanced, Intercept X and Encryptin and XG230 with Network Protection, Web Protection, Email Protection, Webserver Protection, Sandstorm and Enhanced Support.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

• Gnm,

I advice you to open a ticket with Sophos Support.

If XG is able to reach internet, the issue can be on Sophos Cloud.

Regards

• In reply to lferrara:

Hi lferrara

Will follow your proposal and will get back here with related feedback.

Thanks!

• Hi GNM, 

Could you post the logs from Shell command, To access shell , you may need to access the XG via SSH and choose option 5-3

# cat /log/hbtrust.log

Post your Output.

#cat /log/heartbeatd.log

Post your Output.

Make sure you Default Sophos Exceptions are not disabled under WEB > Exceptions .

• Hi GNM,

Welcome to the Sophos Community.

Before getting into further details, to use security heartbeat you need to register with your Sophos Cloud account. If you do not have an account you can create a new one here.

Thanks

• In reply to Aditya Patel:

Hi Abitya

Unfortunately the logs appear as non present, obviously I am doing something wrong here. (Under System Services / Log Settings, all options are checked)

Below the output:

Sophos Firewall                                                                                     
    ===============                                                                                     
    (C) Copyright 2000-2015 Sophos Limited and others. All rights reserved.                             
    Sophos is a registered trademark of Sophos Limited and Sophos Group.                                
    All other product and company names mentioned are trademarks or registered                          
    trademarks of their respective owners.                                                              

For End User License Agreement - www.sophos.com/.../sophos-end-user-license-agreement
    .aspx                                                                                               

NOTE: If not explicitly approved by Sophos support, any modifications                               
          done through this option will void your support.                                              

XG230_WP01_SFOS 16.05.3 MR-3# cat/log/hbtrust.log                                                   
    /bin/sh: cat/log/hbtrust.log: not found                                                             
    XG230_WP01_SFOS 16.05.3 MR-3# cat/log/heartbeat.log                                                 
    /bin/sh: cat/log/heartbeat.log: not found                                                           
    XG230_WP01_SFOS 16.05.3 MR-3# ??                                                                    
    XG230_WP01_SFOS 16.05.3 MR-3# 

• In reply to sachingurung:

Hi sachinggurung

I may confirm, a Sophos Cloud account is present and functional, that is I may log in, browse settings etc.

Thanks in advance for your time!

• In reply to GNM:

HI GNM, 

Please add a space between Cat and /log/

• In reply to GNM:

Hi, same problem also in my case. Temporary error while accessing Sophos Central or Sophos Central indentity could not be verified

I opened a ticket to sophos support.

2017-04-27 21:49:17 INFO Protocol.pm[7492]:323 SFOS::HBtrust::Protocol::get_token - Connecting to UTM-PIC [https://utm-cloudstation-eu-central-1.prod.hydra.sophos.com/] get tokens and id

2017-04-27 21:49:17 INFO Protocol.pm[7492]:174 SFOS::HBtrust::Protocol::request_utm - HTTP::Request - POST: utm-cloudstation-eu-central-1.prod.hydra.sophos.com/.../token

2017-04-27 21:49:17 INFO Protocol.pm[7492]:218 SFOS::HBtrust::Protocol::request_utm - HTTP::Request - POST: send request

2017-04-27 21:49:18 INFO Protocol.pm[7492]:248 SFOS::HBtrust::Protocol::_request_send - HTTP::Request - POST: returned with error

2017-04-27 21:49:18 ERROR Tools.pm[7492]:301 SFOS::HBtrust::Tools::report_status - Temporary error while accessing Sophos Central or Sophos Central indentity could not be verified.

• Hi all,

can you please sent me your Case IDs via PM? 

Thanks!

Cheers Luca 

• In reply to LucaChristmann1:

My case id is [#7227445]

Thanks

Carlo

• Exactly the same problem for me on XG VM on Esxi ....