Sophos Central Endpoint and SEC: Computers fail/hang on boot after the Microsoft Windows April 9, 2019 update. Please follow knowledge base article 133945

Learn about the Benefits of Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Turn your MFA on now!

Outage on MySophos and Partner Portal. You may contact Sophos Support through Phone.

Stuck on basic setup

Hi everybody

I successfully set up NG on VMWARE 6, and registered the product (home)

I synchronized it, a few tilmes, but it is stuck in the basic setuo.

Device is listed on my account.

Did anyone got this problem ?

• In reply to nicolebaumeler:

I'm in the same situation.

just emailed Sophos...let's see what is the solution.

if none...bye bye Sophos!

• In reply to AttilaZsigmond:

Hi Attila

I managed to solve this. It's not THE solution I'd say, but it's how I finally managed to overcome this endless loop where I was always sent back to the registration page. Annoying really. And I still think there's a bug...

In the end i was so p*** that I did the following:

1. verified that my device was shown and registered in my Sophos account

(of course it was, because the error I always received was: "device already registered".  But when hitting "Click here to start configuring your device" I was sent back to the registration page.)

2. I reset-ted the Box and did a clean install from the iso file.

--> Then... surprise surprise: this time I was able to hit the "Click here to start configuring your device" link and the setup wizard started just fine as it should have been doing from the beginning :)

As said: this is not a solution but hey: My Sophos XG is up and runnig since then and I'm pretty happy!

And yes, it's cool to got this thing managed :)

Hope this will work for you too!

Let me know :)

Cheers, Nicole

• I am experiencing the same issue, and hey... Who wants to clean install from iso file? Anybody?

•  

I was getting above message and was solved by disabling the Adblocker.