Where is V18 at?

Hi,

this request for an update on progress is for those of us that do not have access top partners/resllers.

Would some-one in the know who is allowed to provide progress on v18 please add to this thread.

I am not after guesses or conjecture, but real timelines (give or take a month).

Ian

• In reply to Aditya Patel:

The community is most likely weary of promises considering that v18 should have corresponded with the year of release i.e. 2018. Looking forward to seeing what v18 offers. We are in year 5 of 5 and open to looking at other options.

• Hi,

we are now in august, and Sophos XG Beta 18 is not released yet.

Maybe someone could give us an update about the expected release date of v18 and v18 beta?

• In reply to :

No, we purchased a number of Sophos SG430 and SG330 firewalls around 5 years ago. Started off with UTM 9 and migrated to XG.

• In reply to :

What is v18+?

• In reply to Aditya Patel:

Any idea how many weeks or months is going to be delayed the public beta?

Thanks in advance

• In reply to l0rdraiden:

Personally I would rather a feature rich but buggy v18 to be released as a public beta, one that is 99.9% there and just needs a few tweaks.

After all the flack from v17 and prior, I would expect this to be the stance that Sophos would take - it will be ready for release when they are comfortable to do so, and not to cause any negativity to the companies image.

What's better?  Release something that could tarnish the image of the company, or release something later than initially planned?

• In reply to :

That is exactly what I am thinking and will have a Fortigate appliance installed/configured for PoC by the end of next week. We have a Ruckus wireless infrastructure at 2 sites so moving will not be a problem.

• In reply to :

will VLAN support in Bridge mode make it into v18 ? that's the only feature holding me back

Don't want to implement an XG in Router mode

• Really hoping for reverse DNS to work in Reports when using the XG as the DNS server. Maybe in the Central Reporting? Although I doubt it. And connect it to DHCP for pete's sake.

• In reply to apalm123:

Not much hope of that with the current build, too many places where an ID is created but not DNS aware. Very frustrating even for a home user.

Ian

• In reply to :

Sophos has never delivered on time so we shouldn't get our hopes up when they give a date or show a roadmap. 

• In reply to :

I heard that v18 beta should be out this month (September). It's been a while so hope that the Sophos engineers manage to include some key features expected in v18.5 in v18. I really want the application filters for VPNs to work e.g. X-VPN.

• In reply to envercpt:

Hi,

I don't understand your issue with x-vpn.io the XG blocks it now. If you implement the full VPN blocking as per the KBAs and other threads in these forums you will also be able to block other VPNs.

Ian

Update- further investigation results x-vpn.io and xvpn.io only block acmes to the support site.

• In reply to rfcat_vk:

Does not work. Sophos support have suggested I enable "Decrypt & scan HTTPS". We have over 1000 BYOD users with different devices. Getting the Sophos certificate on each of these devices = BYOD hell.

• In reply to envercpt:

Do you use any form of scanning? If so, create your own url policy for x-vpn.io and add it to your web policy. Doesn't stop the application installation on iPhone.

Make sure the BYODs cannot access the internet using other rules.

Ian