Automating XG Install

Hello,
I was curious if anyone has had any luck automating the install for XG? Currently, to install XG it requires several steps to manually install the application and do the first time setup. I was curious if there was a way to script the install to include an existing configuration file. I've been told that something similar existed in UTM, but haven't found any reference of it in XG.

• Hello Dustin,

There is a Zero Touch Deployment which is done by placing a backup file on the USB stick and plugging it in at bootup. It's not as smart or as cool as the SUSI for the UTM but does the job. I am also struggling to find the KB articles for it so it may not be just ready yet but here is the presentation slide:

From what I understand, you would need to generate a backup file either on another appliance/VM or the SFM and then place it on the USB stick (i believe).

Emile

• In reply to EmileBelcourt:

Unfortunately, we are using SCFM instead of Sophos Central, so this may not be an option.

• In reply to Dustin Coy1:

Hi Dustin,

That's where I'm a little uncertain, is it any backup file or is it one specifically generated by the Central FW Management. I would recommend lookinginto moving over to using the Central FW manager soon as SCFM...well *ahem* yeah...

As you are a partner you can get NFRs and therefore you get access to Central goodies :)

Emile

• In reply to EmileBelcourt:

Hello Emile,
    The reason we went with SCFM is currently Central doesn't allow for template like changes. In order to make changes to multiple sites it requires logging into each device which for us would be hundreds. (Just as a note we are just now looking at moving to SCFM)

• In reply to Dustin Coy1:

Hi Dustin,

Ah, I see why you would want to stick with that Firewall Manager. Yes, the FW management in Central is very basic right now and unfortunately you can't use both together.

Are you an MSP?

If so, there are tones of new MSP tools coming out that may be of interest to you and would be worth talking to your account manager to find out more.

Emile