Please state describe each ovf file (sf_virtual.ovf, sf_virtual_vm7.ovf, sf_virtual_vm8.ovf, and sf_virtual_vm8_paravirtual.ovf) within the zip file VI-SFOS_17.0.8_MR-8.VMW-209? I did review Sophos-Firewall-Virtual-Appliance-Getting-Started-Guide.pdf .

Please state describe each ovf file (sf_virtual.ovf, sf_virtual_vm7.ovf, sf_virtual_vm8.ovf, and sf_virtual_vm8_paravirtual.ovf) within the zip file VI-SFOS_17.0.8_MR-8.VMW-209?  I did review Sophos-Firewall-Virtual-Appliance-Getting-Started-Guide.pdf .

• Hey  

Each of these files correspond to the appropriate version you are utilizing for your Virtual Appliance deployment (VMware in your case).

Which Hypervisor are you using?

Regards.

• In reply to FloSupport:

I am looking for a list that contains a mapping of each file to the appropriate hypervisor implementation/version please.

I am currently using VMware workstation 14, ESXi 6,5 and ESXi 6.7.

• In reply to Jim Garrigan:

Unfortunately we don't have a list per se. I will inquire with our team for more info.

However in the meantime, I would advise to utilize the SF_Virtual.ovf file as per the getting started guide

Regards,

• I've compare sf_virtual.ovf, sf_virtual_vm7.ovf, sf_virtual_vm8.ovf, and sf_virtual_vm8_paravirtual.ovf.

I thought sf_virtual_vm8_paravirtual.ovf is the most suitable choice for VMware Workstation/ESXi because only this file using VmxNet3 (Vmware proprietary virtual Network NIC which provide 10Gbps Link). Others are using PCNet32/E1000E(they only provide 1Gbps virtual network).