v17.1.1 does funny things during install

During install, error messages, could not download, package validated, could not install, package installing.

Installation is completed and the box has rebooted with all gateways reporting as being up with the new software.

Something wrong somewhere.

Ian

• Hey Ian,

Welcome back to the Community!

To confirm, are you still having any issues after the installation? Or is this strange behavior only during the installation process?

Regards,

• In reply to FloSupport:

Hi Flo,

thank you, not back yet, in London bored at this time of night. Lots of photos to process, but only one powerpoint in the hotel room that is accessible and the wife has a facebook tied up. The issue only arose during installation, the package took 4 attempts to download before getting all those error messages during the install process.

Ian

• In reply to rfcat_vk:

For context, you are performing a manual upgrade (downloading the .gpg update file from your MySophos account and manually uploading to your XG via a web browser) correct?

Could it be possible that the failed downloads are being caused by your hotel internet connection?

• In reply to FloSupport:

Hi Flo,

no, I was using the XG download function to manage the download and install after receiving the notice from the XG web GUI. I was using the hotel connection to supervise the installation.

Ian

• In reply to rfcat_vk:

Hey Ian,

Interesting, please continue to monitor and let me know if you experience any further issues or strange behavior.

Have a great holiday!