XG210 crashed today

Hello,

The XG210 of my Custommer crashed today at 8:50AM, we were not able to ping the LAN IP or the WAN IP.

The firmware version is 17.1 GA.

It came back after a manual reboot.

Once online again I saw in the "performance" tab that we had an anormal high number of sessions at 8h50 which I guess it's the cause why the firewall crashed.

I don't really know what can cause such a high number of sessions, in normal use the sessions number is between 300 and 600 on this firewall...

Any advice ?

I opened a case with the number: 8183274

Viken

• In reply to Ian Melton:

We have had one of our XG210s (lightly loaded) crash yesterday about 15:45, with 17.1.1 MR-1, hard rebooted today as even ssh terminal will not log in, GUI died 1hr or so later, ssh cannot login as well so downgraded to 17.0.8 MR-8

It had been running 17.1.1 MR-1 for over a week with no issues so I think an update sent yesterday has caused this.

• Hello, I also have the XG210 and today I became the same problem around 11:45 pm in the Czech Republic. Firewall has stopped responding I had to manually shut down. I have SFOS 17.0.8 MR8
    Excuse me for my English ...

• In reply to Tomas Pijacek:

Hi,

Can we try to find a pattern? 

Can you please post your Fabric date of your XG210? 

• In reply to ManBearPig:

Hi,

Where can I find Fabric date of my XG210? Will you get a serial number C23076JBFP7MC92 ?

All I can say is my XG230 was Manufacturer date Oct 2015 Rev 1

• In reply to Tomas Pijacek:

Should be a sticker on the appliance itself. 

Hmm, ours crashed 3 more times over the weekend, even when downgraded to 17.0.8  I think it must be a broken patch/pattern as 17.0.8 and 17.1.1 were stable until the middle of last week.  I'm going to log a support ticket today as this is simply unacceptable.  Unfortunately I cant get something off a sticker as ours is 100 miles away in  a remote site with no techs there...

• In reply to CMR:

We also have an HA pair of 430s, another of 310s and one of 210s that all appear to be unaffected...

• In reply to CMR:

I had Sophos Support replace mine - I have an RMA one here to put in my Comms rack tonight.

Not sure if its any help but my support ticket is:

# 8273744

I had 3 other tickets before this for the XG Crashing. All since going to v17.1 (coincidence?)

The last ticket Sophos think I may have a corrupt disc as when the XG stops it Stops Dead - no logging etc just goneski.

I could remove the XG210 from the rack and it is not possible. I still have a paper box where these values are. Sophos XG210 rev. 3 Security Appliance. SKU XG21T3HEUK