Problem with Amazon APP

Hi everybody, I've a problem with Amazon android APP.

If I use the app it non works, it says a "connection problem". If connect to amazon with a browser there are no problem.

I found that the problem is partially caused by the web filter, but I've not block any category that can regard Amazon. In fact with the Browser (pc o smartphone) there are no problem to reach amazon with the bew filter active.

I added a rule that allow "*.amazon.com" and "*.amazon.it" but it seams non workign properly beacause the problem in still present.

Can someone help me.

  • I had the same problem. Please add an exception for "aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com" and try again. It worked for me.

  • I've been having this exact same issue recently.  It appears to be getting dropped in the firewall, not the web filter - "Could not associate packet to any connection".

  • In reply to Ryan Alexander:

    Yes, is the same problem but i did a test with a rule with averithig open, and the same rule with web filter activated:

    - If the web filter is activated ha recevi the message in the log filter of the firewall "Could not associate packet to any connection"

    - If the web filter is deactivated, it work properly.

    I repeat: this problem regards only the smarphone APP. No problem with a normal browser.

    The solution of EMC seems working for me but I want to understand why i have to add this exclusion!

  • In reply to Manuele Orlandi:

    I realize this is an old thread, but I've yet to get it working. I continually get the dog picture with the opps message in the app. Same thing as above in the logs. Perhaps I'm just missing something obvious, but i can't see it. Could somebody explain exactly what needs to be changed based on above? Or better, point to dock that explains the association problem and how to overcome it without disabling the webfilter (for which I don't understand the interaction anyway - this, to me, reads like a drop because the firewall thinks that no client made a request for the inbound packet).

    Thanks in advance.

    --DJ

  • In reply to DJ Lucas:

    Hi,

    in your web filter policy are you using block ads? If so that will stop most of the amazon sites from getting through. Or do you have block unwanted Apps or similar active?

    Ian

  • In reply to rfcat_vk:

    Yes rfcat_vk, that works. Thank you! I still don't understand the interaction between the webfilter and connection tracking failure, but killing only that webfilter rule significantly reduces the scope. Perhaps the connection tracking failure is another symptom, only loosely related. I had previously added "^([A-Za-z0-9.-]*\.).amazon-adsystem\.com/" to my "Common CDN" exclusions, to no avail, which I believe negates the previously accepted answer. For now, I've given all the known cell phones and tablets their own DHCP reservations and excluded the range from the advertisement filter until I find a proper solution. I should also note that I do not have application filtering enabled.

     

    Edit 1: Add non-working rule

    Edit 2: Add note that application filtering was disabled.

    --DJ

  • In reply to DJ Lucas:

    Could you help me ?, I have not worked any of the exceptions added in the web section / exceptions. I had to deactivate in the web / politics section the default policy of "risky download and suspicius" so that I can see the amazon items without problems.

    Mysteriously the error when seeing the item "dogs come out" only happens in Huawei smartphone (Mate 20 and Mate 20 lite) when using the amazon app, I have tried with another smartphone LG, Sony and Apple (iphone and ipad) and all show the items correctly.

    What other things should I do, deactivate, add or verify?

     

    My policy exception

    URL coincidentes:
    ^([A-Za-z0-9.-]*\.).amazon-adsystem\.com/
    ^([A-Za-z0-9.-]*\.)?amazon\.com\.?/
    aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com
    amazon.com
     
    AND Categorías web coincidentes:
    Advertisements
    Auctions & Classified Ads
    Online Shopping
     
     
    Thanks
  • I have the same issue.

    I added the following web filter exceptions:

    ^([A-Za-z0-9.-]*\.).amazon-adsystem\.com/

    ^([A-Za-z0-9.-]*\.)?amazon\.com\.?/

    aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com

    amazon.com

    I checked all the skip items (https decrypt etc.)

    I also selected the categories:

    Advertisement

    Auctions & Classified Ads

    Online shopping

    However I still get the error message on the app.

    This happens only with my Huawei Nexus 6.

    If I use an iPhone on the same network or the same phone on a network that doesn't go through the XG everything works fine so I know it's not the phone nor the app. Also, I used the app for 2+ yrs and before the XG it always worked.

    Regards,

    Marco

  • In reply to EMC:

    Thanks EMC :) works as expected.

  • I was having the same problem. I found that in addition to:

    ^([A-Za-z0-9.-]*\.)?amazon-adsystem\.com/
    ^([A-Za-z0-9.-]*\.)?amazon\.com\.?/

     I also needed to add:

    ^([A-Za-z0-9.-]*\.)?adsafeprotected.com

    I was seeing adsafeprotected.com URLs in the Web filter logs, and excepting them resolved the issue for me.

    I did not have to put any category exceptions in.

    I hope this helps.

    [Corrected the amazon regex and removed standalone entries.]

  • In reply to Evan Kittleman:

    I think you have a keying issue with your amazon.com regex entry, you have a delimiter in the wrong place, if you care to check the original post.

    Also you will not need the amazon.com 

    Ian

  • In reply to EMC:

    This worked, however, rather than an exception (that by passes the policy filter) I added aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com to a group that is allowed in the Web Filter.  This way is just skips the web filter only and not other policy checks.