How to free skype?

How to free skype?

We have skype released for some user however skype accesses more does not send messages

• Hi Maviael,

I think you are trying to allow access to Skype, check which FW-rule blocks the skype connection. Verify the application filter configured within the rule and allow the Skype signature. You can try packet capture option in XG to learn the FW rule ID. 

Thanks

• In reply to sachingurung:

Hi There,

We have skype working for logging in and sending messages but are unable to make / receive skype calls while using ssl decrypt and cannot find a way to exclude it from ssl decryption.  Is there a way we can make a rule to exlcude the skype application from ssl decryption?

If we manually add some IPs that skype is using it will work but skype changes to a lot of IPs so this is not a viable solution. We've tried capturing the required domain names and excluding these but haven't had any success.

Cheers,
    Jason

• In reply to Jason Macri:

Hi Jason, 

In the HTTPS Scanning exceptions could you add these URLS mentioned below.

api.skype.com Business
    apps.skype.com Business
    community.skype.com
    download.skype.com
    login.skype.com
    pipe.skype.com
    secure.skype.com
    www.skype.com
    www.skypeassets.com

Also allow access to these subnets:

91.190.216.0/255.255.255.0

91.190.218.0/255.255.255.0

• In reply to Aditya Patel:

Hi Aditya,

For testing we have added exceptions for the following:

^.*skype.com.*
    ^.*skype.net.*
    ^.*skypeassets.com.*

We also already had added those IP addresses plus a whole bunch more, we can sign into skype, we can send chat messages, but still not able to make calls.  Did you have any other suggestions?

Cheers,
    Jason

Hi Jason,

Check #1 in my guide here. Try to make a call and check if you capture any drops.

Thanks

Hi Jason, 

Could you inform me which Skype are you using. Skype for Business or Personal 

Hi There,

This is Skype Personal - I can see that the Sophos XG can categorize the skype application but there doesn't seem to be a way to use that classification with an exception for SSL decryption.  

Cheers,

Jason

Hi Jason, 

Let me simulate the same from my end and Shall get back to you . 

• I've got a similar issue: skype messenger works and also incoming calls are working but we cannot call. I have a firewall rule the allows http and https protocols, the app filter allows skype signature and the SSL scanning has exceptions for the domains mentioned above. It seems though the skype tries using random UDP port (which are blocked by the default rule that blocks all)

I don't find safe to open all UDP ports just to allow skype calls.

Any suggestions?

Filippo

• Here the same issue. As soon I disable "Decrypt & Scan HTTPS" on my FW rule Skype can make calls.

I have tried configuring different exeptions for HTTPS Scans without success.

• In reply to RainMan730:

hello,

Same Issue.

Exception not working.

Erick.

• In reply to ErickSOULAGES:

Hi, everyone...

I'm having the same problem, how why allow the Skype on Sophos XG 16.05?

Thanks.

• In reply to Edson Siqueira:

Hi ALL, 

We have a Known issue with Skype at the moment and the BUG ID  NC-14551, In the mean time we have a Work Around , kindly follow the steps 

Step1: Go to Web > Exceptions > Add Exceptions 

Step 2 : Select Web Site Categories > Add new item >IP address

Step 3: Check on HTTPS Decryption and save .

Make sure the rule is enabled.

Hi,

I try your workaround in the exception, but not fix the issue.

Just unchek "Decrypt https" in the general rule fix the isssue.

My UTM is XG230 (SFOS 16.01.1)

Thanks,

Erick.

• In reply to ErickSOULAGES:

Hi everyone,

I found a solution to this issue:

Go to "Application" > "Application Fliter" > take a look of the "Filters" on this tab and edit all to see wich one have the "Skype" and "uncheck them.

In my case this works fine, but I had to open all "Filters" to found and disable the block of skype.

If any one have another solution, please send to us.