Multiple Red15s to XG

I have never seen this happen before and wonder if anyone would have any suggestions.

We have 6 Red15w devices deployed (and connected to our XGs) and had planned many more. We create our network setup and deploy the device without issue.

However, any subsequent changes to any one of the already deployed Reds cause them all to reboot/restart/reconnect.

I have reached out to support and they have not gotten back to me yet. So, I am looking for any suggestions on where to check or what might be causing this to happen.

Thanks!

• JPC,

can you give more info about the XG model you are using?

Thanks

• Hi JPC,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. This seems to be related to an ID that our support team is already investigating (NC-51090). Would it be possible to please share your support case number with me so that I can follow up?

Thanks,

• In reply to lferrara:

Sure. It is 2 XG430s in HA (active/passive)

SFOS 17.5.8 MR-8

• In reply to H_Patel:

Not a problem.

Thanks!

• In reply to JPC:

Hi JPC,

Thank you for providing the case number, I have left a message for support engineer handling your case. 

I will followup with you if there is any update on the reported issue.

Thanks,

• We get the same and we only have 2 Red devices connected, change one and the other reloads its config.  

Very odd behaviour.

• In reply to Stewart Harrison:

I would say, you include them anywhere all together to the configuration, so XG has to reload all REDs to get a proper configuration to all REDs. 

Could you observe the RED.log on XG, in Case you change something? Will the RED service on XG reload or the RED itself because new configuration arrives? 

Could you show us a example RED config as Screenshot? 

• In reply to LuCar Toni:

I have tested further.

I have deleted and re-added the Reds. Changed network settings. Changed DHCP settings. Split/Unsplit the network. Disabled/enabled compression.

Added, removed, changed WIFI settings. Created separate SSIDs (to see if sharing SSIDs/networks might be the cause.

All changes in these two areas cause all Reds (both wired connection and WIFI) to go offline and restart though only one is edited.

My past experience with these has always allowed me to add/change as need without bouncing all other devices (SG for sure).

Luca they have an issue with the configuration inside red config that only support can fix. This is clear from beginning. Help them to accelerate the process with support to fix the issue. Thanks

• In reply to H_Patel:

can we have an update on this issue?

I have a customer with 8 RED and he wants to move to XG for using Sophos Heartbeat but I declined to move now as some v17 limitations and this issue.

Thanks

• In reply to JPC:

Just to be sure: You have only RED15w and all uses the same network (SSID)? 

So if you change something on the RED15w (no matter which change) all reds reboot? 

I would assume, if you change something on the SSID, this would be normal (because all REDS have to reload the wireless config). 

• In reply to lferrara:

Hi lferrara,

I followed up on this issue and it is still under investigation, I will reply back on this post when there is an update. 

Thanks,

• In reply to H_Patel:

Thanks H_Patel.

you reply does not have any sense. If the user created a ticket with the support, this latter had checked your thoughts at the first instance. Please read carefully before replying.

Thanks

• In reply to lferrara:

Why not? 

Having two REDs15w with same SSID and changing this SSID (For example the configuration of MHz) would lead to a reboot of both REDs?