We'd love to hear about it! Click here to go to the product suggestion community
If you are having a problem on blocking these kind of applications. Do not hesitate that the application filtering of SophosXG is not working or do not even try to block it on IPS (Custom IPS). Its a matter of adjustments in Console. See steps below:
1. Log in as a Super administrator (username: admin)
2. Go to admin drop-down options and choose CONSOLE.
3. As usual you have to log in again.
4. Chose option 4 which is Device Console.
5. Type this command "show ips-settings", maxpkts should be in default value = 8, and you have to change the value to 70.
6. Run this command "set ips maxpkts 70".
7. Run again to double check "show ips-settings".
8. Then try to test again if these applications are blocked already.
Deo Angelo Lim
In reply to Raphael:
We would encourage you to log a support case with us so we would sample that traffic and create a IPS signature which will be available globally.
In reply to Aditya Patel:
hey guys, tried earlier these steps above by Aditya Patel using hardware XG v17.5 MR-3 seems to be successfully blocking Psiphon3
enable https scanning and install XG's cert on your machine/browser: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/123048
Block these application in Application Filter-
and all the VPN Proxies.
and Need to block below web filter categories
Peer to Peer & Torrents.
You can try this without Https scan.