anybody seeing issues with XG17 causing Outlook desktop client losing "sync" with Office365.

We've starting seeing issues in the last month or so with Outlook desktop client losing sync with Office365 when it will just stop syncing the cached mailbox.  no errors and it will say all folders up to date.  It takes restarting Outlook for it to get back in sync and it will stay synced for a random period of time at which time it will stop syncing again.

I'm thinking the issue is linked with the upgrade from XG16 to XG17 that happened around the same time.  i waited until MR3 to upgrade to XG17.  I did the MR5 upgrade to see it that would help but it doesn't appear so.

• In reply to John Loy:

BTW,  I am a little disappointed that this thread has been going on for a while and is very active, but no one from support it jumping it to try and help out.

• In reply to John Loy:

I agree.  At this point I feel like the work of going through the troubleshooting steps with support of just a waste of time.  It would be nice for them to acknowledge the issue and let us know they are working on it, if nothing else.  

• Hi guys, I have the same problem on my XG105w.

But I noticed something after weeks to investigate on this issue:

The sync is sometimes lost only on the Outlook clients being executed in a Vlan which is not the default Vlan.

Exemple:

The users PC are connected in the Vlan10 and all of the users have the sync issues. But I have a RDS server which is connected in the Default Vlan ( the same network than the default local IP of the XG105 on the Port1) and the outlook clients executed and running 24/7 don't have sync issues.

It's kinda weird ...

• In reply to VikenNajarian:

VikenNajarian

The users PC are connected in the Vlan10 and all of the users have the sync issues. But I have a RDS server which is connected in the Default Vlan ( the same network than the default local IP of the XG105 on the Port1) and the outlook clients executed and running 24/7 don't have sync issues.

It's kinda weird ...

But don't normally RDS servers run outlook in online mode instead of cached-mode?

I've had some success with some users by putting their desktop Outlook client into online mode, but they all end up switching back to Cached mode due to the "laggyness" of having to constantly download each new email that they want to look at.

• In reply to wpajack:

No, my RDS server is configured in cached mode for Outlook clients, because Online mode was toooooo laggy with our poor ADSL connection...

• In reply to VikenNajarian:

VikenNajarian

No, my RDS server is configured in cached mode for Outlook clients, because Online mode was toooooo laggy with our poor ADSL connection...

ok, just checking.

• In reply to johnjohnh:

Hey  and  

Apologies for the lack of an update. I have been requesting users for their support case numbers so I have a list to follow up with.

Please PM me with your case numbers so that I can follow up with our support team.

Thanks,

• In reply to Joe Plunkett:

Of course that issue is still the same ... going back to v16 soon ... really I cannot believe how much problems XG software has, that's AMAZING. Really, I was thinking to migrate to UTM9 and convert license, I never had any major problem with UTM9 software. They really should have continued the development of UTM9, and kill off the XG/Cyberoam. That's really sad ... I don't have time and energy to deal with all this.

Shame on you Sophos, YOU made OUR business look ridiculous !