SMTP Quarantine total utilization

Hi,

We are currently running SFOS v 16.05.1 MR-1

just want to kindly ask if has anyone experienced that even you have deleted quarantined mails, the status is still not updated:

and some of the emails in the quarantine is not available within specific dates, same with this guy:

community.sophos.com/.../smtp-quarantine-empty

Any thoughts on this would be helpful, 

Thanks,

Raphael

• In reply to xlr8:

Still nothing in Quarantine I can't have this exist in my environment and I am too busy to have to constantly be messing with these firewalls.  I need to be able to see what is being held up in our email and release things as needed.  Support still hasn't gotten back to me it's beyond frustrating at this point.  I have a whole pile of XG's waiting to be configured and installed but I don't think I will waste my time.

I am interested in hearing how the upgrade goes.

• In reply to Aditya Patel:

Hi Aditya,

Already sent you a Private Message.

Thanks,

Rap

• In reply to ChristineMeisinger:

Hi Christine,

We'll keep you updated with regards to this.

thanks,

Rap

• In reply to checker.india Test:

But my Quarantine is completely empty and trust me it should not be.  The product does not work.  Plain and simple.

• We upgraded our XG  to 16.05.02 MR2 but after the upgrade XG won't forward mails to the server and upon checking the logs we keep seeing this status "email has been accepted by Device and queued for scanning" please note that no configuration changes were made before and after the upgrade and we did notice too in 16.0.5.2 MR2 that the utilization remained in 0.00% it still does not reflect the real time quarantine storage utilization, we decided to roll back to 16.05.2 MR1 and XG can now forward mails to the server and magically our XG begin to quarantine mails again.

I don't know what is happening to this product anymore.

</3

• In reply to xlr8:

That's not good!  This weekend we had a large number of emails get thru the XG filters that obviously should have been blocked.  Not happy at all.

we be like playing a guessing game and a series of reboot/s and upgrade/s just to make a "SHOULD BEEN WORKING" function of every firewall.

Our top management was furious and disappointed against us because of the inferior performance and support of this box.

• In reply to xlr8:

Yep I am getting the same response from my company.

• Hi All,

We are really sorry to hear about the bad experience from the Support Team. I will check into the cases personally and update you through DM. This thread was started over a different issue which was fixed in the latest release. So can we get a new thread started on other associated Email issues one by one? Please send me the link to the threads if already posted. Also, if you have a case# stuck in support and pending to see a resolution then please DM me and I will get back to you within 24 hours.

Thanks

• In reply to sachingurung:

There is another thread already for this titled...  SMTP Quarantine empty 

Also my case #7075980 opened March 6 which is a pretty unreasonable amount of time to be addressed and at this point am contemplating returning to Sonicwall because the features of the quarantine do not seem to be working at all as I am seeing emails being sent to quarantine that are legit and they are being sent on to the users as well.  I also have a lot of emails that should not be getting thru to inboxes but are it's very insecure this is not acceptable in my environment.  I feel I was duped by the sales team and was sold something not ready for a production environment.

Hi sachin,

fyi. no issues has been fixed by MR2, that's when we decided to roll back to MR1 and that's when our XG begins to quarantine spam again, but utilization was still not fixed.

We are disappointed because it seems like we are on the process and series of reboot/s, upgrade/s and it seems like it is a trial and error to see if the reboot will fix the issue or the upgrade will fix it. this box has full of uncertainties, we could not trust even the release notes and the technical support because it seems the support personnel does not even know what to do.

We had a bad experience with this product. we are planning to migrate to another box after the license expires because of the inferior performance of Sophos XG.

shame that this product is on the Gartner's leaders quadrant with this inferior performance, I think we have Cyberroam to thank for the position acquired by Sophos in the UTM magic quadrant.

Even WatchGuard could beat this XG and UTM 9, in terms of performance and support. We made a big mistake trusting this product to be on our production and as a perimeter appliance.

Hi Christine,

I looked into the case#. Please revert a suitable time to the engineer so that a troubleshooting session can be scheduled. I will be at his side if the case is worked upon during my working hours.

Thanks

• In reply to xlr8:

Hi,

We apologize for that experience. I am also chasing your Case# on this matter and I will update you soon.

Thanks