Sophos Central Firewall Manager (CFM) maintenance scheduled for Wednesday, July 8th starting at 06:30 GMT. Expected time to complete is 5 hours. Partners will be unable to access CFM during this period.

V18 and whitelisting IP ranges

Does V18 still not know how to white list an IP range in the e-mail protection module?  This is a major problem for us.

• Hi  

Could you please let us know your issue in detail? It would help us to assist you better. Please share details and screenshot of configuration

• In reply to Keyur:

I didn't think a screen shot would be necessary, because this was a known feature gap in version 17.  to recap: when creating an exception rule in the e-mail protection (anti-spam) module of exemptions form various tests, I can specify a list of domains / email address to whitelist ("*@example.com" or "John.Doe@gmail.com").  Or I can specify a list of host definitions to exempt (or "white list") from the tests.  However, I cannot specify a network or range of addresses.

For example, I have been asked to whitelist IP range 209.112.104.1 through 209.112.104.254.  This SHOULD be as simple as created a network definition of 209.112.104.0/24, then whitelisting it; nearly every other anti-spam tool on the planet has that ability.  Instead, I have to create 253 individual Host IP definitions and add them individually.

• In reply to MOLD RITE:

Hi  

Please allow me some time to get this check and I will update you further.

• In reply to Keyur:

Hi  

Unfortunately, the requested feature is not available as of now and single IP host/Domain would be available to add, I would request you to upvote the feature request - https://ideas.sophos.com/forums/330219-xg-firewall/suggestions/37577497-exclude-networks-in-smtp-source-exceptions