This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cyberoam UTM : Skype Application & login.live.com domain unable to connect with Allow All Web filter policy in 10.6.6 GA

Reported issue regarding unable to connect to Skype and login into login.live.com with web filter set as ALLOW ALL after upgraded in 10.6.6 firmware has a fix. Find the below mentioned workaround and the fix details.

Workaround : As a workaround, Create FQDN based firewall rule on TOP with below domains with web filter policy as None.

For login.live.com

1) login.live.com

For Skype

1) login.live.com

2) account.live.com

3) msg.skype.com

4) ui.skype.com

5) apps.skype.com 

A fix is available for the reported issue, you may contact the Sophos Support for the fix.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello  ,

Thanks for your article, I would like to highlight the adverse effect for FQDN firewall rules. Majority of the above domains are pointing to content sharing server Akamai. Akamai share the same IP with many other domain then live.com and Skype.com.

Due to the same IP share by other website, the above FQDN firewall rule may allow other traffic which may include web category like finance, software update, video streaming , image bank etc.

I will highly recommend to contact support and get the patch applied.

Good Luck!!!

Regards, Ronak.

• Hello  ,

Thanks for your article, I would like to highlight the adverse effect for FQDN firewall rules. Majority of the above domains are pointing to content sharing server Akamai. Akamai share the same IP with many other domain then live.com and Skype.com.

Due to the same IP share by other website, the above FQDN firewall rule may allow other traffic which may include web category like finance, software update, video streaming , image bank etc.

I will highly recommend to contact support and get the patch applied.

Good Luck!!!

Regards, Ronak.

Children
No Data