CR10iNG to XG

Hi guys,

Could someone has any information about CR10iNG Sophos XG ?

Currently according Sophos KB https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/133295  this model is not suported.

Contacting our distributor, we are informed that it is needed  buy a new appliance (XG model). 

I think that they are wrong, because we have a lot of devices CR10iNG and this is not a goood solution.

Best regards

Carlos

• Hi Carlos,

Rather no chance for CR10iNG to work with SFOS. Too weak processor, not enough memory. The smallest I think is CR25iNG. Some time ago I installed SFOS on it (currently in version 17.5.4-1) and works on a network with several computers.

Regards
    Jan

• In reply to JanSadlik:

Hi Jan,

Thank you by information. But I think that some CR15iNG models support SFOS.

But my main doubt ... we will need buy other appliances? 

Regards

Carlos

• In reply to Carlos Cesario:

Hi Carlos,

Maybe XG86 or XG106 will be ok for you? Not expensive and efficient enough, SFOS v18 ready. They will be on the market in a few weeks.

!!sophos-xg-firewall-ds.PDF

Regards
    Jan

• In reply to JanSadlik:

Yes Jan,

I agree. But IMHO the Sophos would have a campaign to provide it, once Cyberoam is Sophos now. eheheh

Thanks by your greats comments

Carlos

• Hi Carlos, 

Page 5 in the following document from Sophos states that CR10iNG and CR10wiNG WITH HARDWARE VERSION AM04 can be upgraded to Sophos OS.

http://docs.sophos.com/nsg/sophos-firewall/v16012/PDF/Cyberoam%20to%20Sophos%20Firewall%20Migration%20Guide.pdf

Unfortunately my CR10iNG is AM03 so I'll have to buy a Sophos device but hopefully your CR10iNG's are AM04.

You can check your hardware version by doing the following: 

1. Logon to CLI Console via Telnet or SSH. You can also access the CLI Console by clicking     on the upper right corner of the Web Admin Console screen. 

Note: 

From firmware version 10.6.1 onwards, the Console button is visible to the Super Administrator ONLY

2  Choose option 4. Cyberoam Console.

3. Execute the following command to show all version information: 

console> cyberoam diagnostics show version-info

Hope that helps. 

Gareth