Client Authentication Agent

Hi

I have a windows standard user that i am trying to install the agent for.

He does not have the rights to install.

I install using administrator creds. Problem is it installs in the administrators appdata folder not the standard users. At that time it grants access after logging into the agent.

BUT when the machine is restarted the agent is never going to autorun as it is in the wrong users startup.

It seems it is impossible to use the agent for a standard user, useless

• Hi Jon,

What happens when you change the install path during the initial installation? So if the agent is installed in c:/users/admin/applog/sophos/etc then change the user path with c:/users/xyzuser/applog/sophos/etc.

Please update me if that helps.

Thanks

• In reply to sachingurung:

Hi

OK, tried that not with good results.

Seems to install but does not run on completion as it should do, Also it is not there in startup.

Using Windows 10 build 1703 64bit.

Even though the administrator has to ok the install with credentials it should install under the logged in users profile, that is the way it works for every other program.

• In reply to Jon Eyre:

I will discuss this with the development team and update you.

Thank you

This is quite urgent

Hi

Any update for this? i have users sitting with no internet access because if this.

Hi

Even we face the same issue in our company. We didnt have luck with SSO since we had multiple VLANs and subnets. We faced issues installing Agents and we were left with captive portal where users are not happy to use it.

Can anyone come up with a easy authentication way 

• In reply to gilbert doss:

Hi Gilbert

Apparently this was sent to the developers, i am still waiting for any feedback at all.

I don't like the way this is going, a black mark for Sophos. I don't believe that the agent was tested properly in all situations.

Sophos, feedback please!

• All,

EDITED, suggested answer in the other responses.

Hi

Rubbish!!!

A standard windows user cannot install ANYTHING without administrator authorization.

The majority of users will not go to the portal themselves and install. In the majority of cases the IT staff have to do it.

Why is Sophos arguing about the experience the users are having????

I am not liking the current attitude here, might be time to choose another product because Sophos are obviously not interested in listening to people.

• In reply to Jon Eyre:

Hi,

I did a test myself and you're right, I think this has to be escalated. Provide me some time to update this information. 

I would also like to state that we are looking into this issue and an argument is never a choice here, we are under discussion and we will surely get back on this. Alongside, is there anyone with a subscribed support? then please log a support case and PM the case#.

Thanks

Hi

We have premium support and i tried to escalate. Look at the lame reply from Sophos

• In reply to gilbert doss:

Hi Gilbert, 

I will take a look at the case# and loop our Quality check team to go through the case activities. Alongside,  and I, recreated this instance and we were able to make it work as intended, deploying the MSI package via GPO. Please find the how-to video link here. I hope that helps.

Thanks

Hi

i appreciate the work. can you help me out with SSO STAS. that would be a great help from Sophos end. 

Hi

After the GPO is applied, it does reflect on the end user's machine but it's not getting installed even after multiple restarts. 

Hi

Thats great if you have GPO available. Still does not fix the standard user issue.

Getting fed up with this.