Create group with LDAP custom attribute

UTM 9 is easier to create a group based on LDAP attribute. In XG via Configure> Authentication> Group> Add Members we did not find it.

• Hi and Welcome to Sophos Community,

I believe that you have taken a look into the KBA referred below:

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/123163

To import groups and member on the XG the user has to authenticate initially which was create a User object with the Group association in the XG> User list. Alongside, you can also raise it as an idea to change the UI functionality here.

Thanks

• In reply to sachingurung:

Hello sachingurung, 

I'm sorry, but an "idea" how is connect XG to MS Active Directory for me (with all respect to XG developers ) compared to the implementation in the UTM v9.x seems utterly stupid and useless. 

To this day I did not understand what the most important benefit has the XG connection to a MS Active Directory compared to the implementation in the UTM v9.x.

Please can someone describe for me the major advantage, why is the XG connection to a MS Active Directory implemented by this way ? 

I really do not see any advantage ....

alda

• In reply to sachingurung:

Hi Sachingurung,

I think that the basic features of the grouping in ldap, for example if you have a lot of groups, UTM 9 is very powerful in this case

I post a new idea in ideas.sophos.com/.../18141112-create-group-with-ldap-custom-attribute

Hopefully soon be released in XG 17