STAS users randomly disconnecting

STAS users keep disconnecting and have done since I purchased the 2 XG230 units. I've had a support ticket open since Feb 2018.

All tests in STAS (WMI, Reg, Agent, Collector) show as successful.

Live users appear in STAS and then randomly drop off, anywhere between 4min-4hrs.

Recently added another domain controller running the Sophos STAS agent. Any clients authenticated against that DC, in 'Show Live Users', display the XG's ip address?!

Then, suddenly appear again (twice) with the correct IP address and then drop off.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• In reply to sachingurung:

Where do I get STAS 2.2.3.0?

• In reply to Jelle:

Directly from XG firewall with new firmware... Found it on my own.

• In reply to Jelle:

Thanks for that, I'm on 2.2.1 as well, so hopefully this new one with help.  For a new XG user, can you explain me to the difference between the Single Sign on Client vs STAS vs the authentication clients?  Obviously there's a client to deploy, but I'd like to know more of any implications, pros vs cons.  Given how terrible STAS has been for us, I'm not opposed to deploying a client if it improves the reliability of authenticating my users.

• In reply to Jelle:

Thanks for the info.  I installed 2.2.3.0, however, it did not changed anything ...

Paul Jr 

• In reply to LuCar Toni:

Thanks LuCar..

I've upgraded to 2.2.3 and things have got worse.

Even less users are in Show Live Users.

A 2nd DC I have running the Sophos Agent cannot WMI poll any clients even though it worked fine before the upgrade.

• In reply to Mathew Edwards:

Same here. Only one of two DCs reports to XG although configuration didn't change and seems to be correct. STAS on second DC shows no endpoint it reports to.

• In reply to Jelle:

Sorry to hear that, Jelle.

I now have no users in Show Live Users, even if they are authenticated against the same DC running as the Collector and an Event 4768 showing in the Windows logs.

The upgrade has totally banjaxed STAS which didn't work before.!!!

• In reply to Jelle:

I have taken STAS back to 2.2.1 and domain users immediately started appearing in STAS again.

I would rather have them appear in STAS, and randomly drop out, than not to appear at all - hahahahaha.

What a joke.!!

• In reply to Mathew Edwards:

I am still wondering, do you have any Case ID with support and is somebody currently working on your topic? 

I mean, this should work fine. Installed STAS in multi domain yesterday and works fine without any drops and/or logoffs...