This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web Appliance patience page

Hi

i have my virtual web gateway appliance all up and running couldn't be happier with it apart from one thing

the patience page when large files are downloading does not display... in any browser

anyone have any ideas ?

it just hangs there until the file is downloaded then presents me with the download button

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Christian,

If you navigate to, Configuration > Accounts > Notification Page Option > Advanced > Notification Page Text; select Patience Page and set a language to display the notification. Default Notification templates are available here. 

Hope that helps.

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• thats not an answer to my question, i know where the templates are

just to clarify, when downloading large files the patience page does not always show to end users.

to the end users it just looks as though the page is still loading when in fact its just waiting for a response from the web appliance.

seems to work in IE and firefox but not chrome

open to any suggestions

• You have the answer to your own reply if the issue occurs while using the Chrome browser but the rest of the two works well then, I think this is the browser side issue. There should be some settings in the Chrome browser that might prevent the patience page.  

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• "just to clarify, when downloading large files the patience page does not always show to end users."

files larger than 800 megs have a setting in general options, depending on the size they will not be scanned as it is not possible to unpack huge files on the appliance to scan.. some files can not be scanned as well.  In those cases you will not receive a patience page. 

Large files, unscannable files and encrypted files would be scanned by the workstations av client as it has the resources to unpack the file and or the encryption key can be entered. 

• There is some complex logic for whether the patience page is displayed or not.

IIRC....
    The User Agent sent from the browser must include "Mozilla" (this is to try and prevent patience page from being used for non-browsers).  If you have any sort of User Agent changer on your Chrome, try going back to the default.

There are a bunch of other things about file size, percentage downloaded after x seconds, mime type (we don't do patience for image/audio/video), etc.  But as I recall the only thing that would be different by browser is the User Agent.  Maybe caching.