This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems with AD synchronization after installing Sophos Web Appliance update v4.3.3

Hi,

I'm experiencing AD synchronization problems after installing Sophos Web Appliance update v.4.3.3. It seems to be a problem with SMBv2. LDAP settings test fails. Before installing this update, we never experienced such problems. Is there anybody that is experiencing similar problem? I would appreciate so much if somebody can share the solution to this problem.

Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I have a case open with Sophos regarding AD Sync issue and they have confirmed it's a known issue that will be fixed in next release 4.3.5.

For me, AD Sync flags up an error every day or two but eventually it finds it's feet again and sync works. At worst I have to set the "Auto-detect advanced settings" followed by "Verify Now" and it usually fixes it.

I hope the next release sorts this one out.

• Hi Tony,

Good news : they have confirmed it's a known issue that will be fixed in next release 4.3.5

I tried to contact them by chat but no respond, they don't know !!!!

We hope that the Update will come faster !!!! We have 50 sites with AD sync errors !!!!!!

thank you for your return,

• Hi All,

4.3.5 has been released.

Regards

• Thanks ...  

Some reading here: https://community.sophos.com/products/web-appliance/b/blog/posts/release-of-swa-v4-3-5---sandstorm-presence-in-asia-pacific

Version 4.3.5 Release Notes

This release includes the following updates and fixes.

Resolved Issues

Work Order Description
    NSWA-1284 Fixed an issue in which using an upstream proxy could cause error messages on managed endpoints.
    NSWA-1383 Added support for the new Asia Pacific Sandstorm data center.
    NSWA-1404 Increased compatibility and security of syslog.
    NSWA-1516 Fixed a cache issue when editing the local site list, in which entries could be duplicated or not saved correctly.
    NSWA-1520 Fixed an issue with memory management.
    NSWA-1522 Fixed an issue in which LinkedIn would be blocked due to an invalid response.
    NSWA-1525 Fixed an issue using special characters for FTP backups.
    NSWA-1528 Fixed an issue where FTP backups could not recover after a failure.
    NSWA-1534 Fixed an issue where AD could fail due to DNS lookup.
    NSWA-1540 Fixed an issue that could cause updates to hang if there were network problems.

I'll start the WEB virtual appliance tonight to lurk it ...  It has been shutdown for weeks now ...  The list of correction is rather very shy.  Secure connection to AD is not mentioned, so I presume it is not fixed.

Paul Jr

• That's good news! I'll keep an eye on my web appliance to see when it becomes available for install.

• Still no trace of update appearing in the appliance.  Not too surprising since we are told this update mostly connects Sandstrom's Asian users to Asian servers.  Sophos most probably pushes updates there first.

Paul Jr

• I understand the 4.3.5 release is only available to select customers at the moment (probably to test it) but hopefully it'll be released to everyone soon.

• M. Hill, out of my curiosity, what's in 4.3.5 that addresses a problem you currently experience ?

Paul Jr 

Reply Children