This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web Appliance Vs. Web Gateway

Hi all, I'd like to move our webfilter off of my Sophos UTM. I'm considering a web appliance or just using Web Gateway with Sophos Central. I was wondering what the pro's and cons would be for either. I need enough granular data to be able to troubleshoot issues with users connecting to websites and also protect iOS devices as well. Thanks in advance for any comments. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Cloud Web Gateway is a simple web filtering solution.. There is some ability to create a basic policy..  there is no comparison against a web applaince.

The SWA is a VERY big step up from UTM web filtering and offers an exceptional ui with unmatched power, reporting and functionality. 

the only real consideration would be .. do you want less features with a cloud solution, or more features on prem?

It's not really worth trying to compare them on the forums.. I would just go download VMWare workstation demo, and then the SWA demo and try it out for 30 days.

www.sophos.com/.../download.aspx

• Cloud Web Gateway is a simple web filtering solution.. There is some ability to create a basic policy..  there is no comparison against a web applaince.

The SWA is a VERY big step up from UTM web filtering and offers an exceptional ui with unmatched power, reporting and functionality. 

the only real consideration would be .. do you want less features with a cloud solution, or more features on prem?

It's not really worth trying to compare them on the forums.. I would just go download VMWare workstation demo, and then the SWA demo and try it out for 30 days.

www.sophos.com/.../download.aspx

Children
No Data