This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Web Appliance SMBv1 Dependecy.

Hi,

I would like to ask:

Would there be any development in Sophos Web Appliance that supports SMBv2 or above?

A friend of mine disabled the SMBv1(in response to the Wanna Ransomware)  that makes the Active Directory integration no longer work.

They are also aware of this KB.

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/126757

Thanks,

tech

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • This SMBv1 dependency is puzzling me.

We have disabled SMBv1 at the very moment SMBv2 appeared (hear me cough) more than 10 years ago ... It was not because of wannacry. It was because everyone knew already then SMBv1 was a security non-sens. Heck, we knew this was as such well before 2000 ... And if we compound SMBv2 was due, very late, and already outdated when it was released ...

Sophos knows SMB v3 (knowing 3.0 is actually 2.2) is at its fourth iteration ?

Jesus help us !!!

Paul Jr Robitaille

• This SMBv1 dependency is puzzling me.

We have disabled SMBv1 at the very moment SMBv2 appeared (hear me cough) more than 10 years ago ... It was not because of wannacry. It was because everyone knew already then SMBv1 was a security non-sens. Heck, we knew this was as such well before 2000 ... And if we compound SMBv2 was due, very late, and already outdated when it was released ...

Sophos knows SMB v3 (knowing 3.0 is actually 2.2) is at its fourth iteration ?

Jesus help us !!!

Paul Jr Robitaille

Children
No Data