This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows could not start the Sophos PureMessage service on Local Computer Error 0x8013150a

Hi everybody!

unfortunately, I didn't come to success till now, so maybe somebody picks up my SOS and has a hint: we currently have to installations of Sophos PureMessage on Exchange 2013 SP1 DAG's.

First story: setup Database on a dedicated Server and installed PureMessag on 2 Servers. Everything was ok, updates were downloaded, content was scanned and I could access the console from both servers and manage both servers. A few days later, the console asked me which server to connect. I found that PureMessage service was stopped, starting it manually failed followed by the error in the title above. In the eventlog I found: The Sophos PureMessage service terminated with the following error: %%2148734218

I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, always with success, and always the same behaviour a few days later. PureMessage stopped, same errors.

Second story: setup as above in an non productive environment, two EX2013 in a DAG as well. The crazy thing: PureMessage ran withou issues for at least 3 months. Yesterday, I logged in the servers again to install CU6. I had to stop PureMessage service to install it on the first server. Then I found it was already stopped on the second server: errors as described above, same issues.

So I now have two identical servers, one has PureMessage running without any issues, the other one fails and I really have no idea why. Anyone else? Because the servers all were setup from scratch without any specials, I can't believe that I'm the only one who ran into this.

Any help would be appreciated - thank you very much!

:53341

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children