This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reset Factory ES1100

Hi Team!

I have an ES1100 and it has been configured. Now I want reconfigure new setting but I don't remember account for access management. I want reset factory ES1100 but How do it?

Thanks for any help

regards

Nguyen Thanh Nam

:22513

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi - Welcome to SophosTalk.

At the moment there is no factory reset option for an ES appliance.  However, you can get this password reset by sophos support via remote assistance.

Please call Sophos support for help with this.  They'll ask you to use the 'Forgot your password' link on the login page to enable remote assistance where the password can be reset. 

Note:  For security reasons you'll need an activation code to do this which you should have received when you purchased.  Don't worry if you don't have this, support can arrange for this to be resent to a company contact.

The alternative to this would be to arrange to have the box re-imaged to it's factory default by a Sophos partner.

Hope this helps,

Tom.

:22597
  • How to reset Sophos UTM to factory settings You can either run the factory reset via the: command-line or Sophos UTM Factory reset via the command-line Login to the UTM console or SSH as loginuser. Enter su to login as root. Enter: cc Enter: RAW Enter: system_factory_reset The system will automatically shutdown when the factory reset is complete. You must power on the UTM manually. NOTE: You can also perform steps 3 to 5 using the cc system_factory_reset command. Factory reset via Sophos UTM Login to the UTM WebAdmin. Go to Management > System Settings > Reset Configurations or Passwords and then click Run factory reset now. The system will automatically shutdown when the factory reset is complete. You must power on the UTM manually.