This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to add custom CA certificate for HTTPS scanning

We're using version 4.3.3.1 of the web appliance and when trying to upload a custom CA cert and key, receive an error that the file contains a virus and will not be uploaded.  I've tried uploading via the GUI, tried with cURL on the command line and even tried multiple CA cert/key attempts and all result in the same error.  Can anyone shed some light as to why this is happening?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Thanks for the link.  I should have mentioned in my first post that I was indeed following those instructions to no avail.  I tried regenerating a new cert and key multiple times and just kept getting the same error.

The key and cert are both in PEM formats.  I'm out sick today from work, but I'll get a screenshot tomorrow off the error.

• Your best bet is to open a support case so they can get access to the appliance and or see the steps your taking

• Unfortunately our contract/license is expired with this appliance as we have planned to move to a different appliance/vendor, however that one is not ready to be rolled out quite yet; so that's why I wanted to try posting on the community forums instead of opening a ticket.

For what it's worth, attached is a screenshot of the error; not much to it really.  After trying to upload the cert/key, the error appears and the boxes to upload the files are cleared out.

• If your product is not licensed then the AV will not update and may not be working as intended.  Appliances periodically check their license status if it's expired the appliance will not update.  After the grace period ends the appliance will stop processing traffic.

So its possible SAV may be in a state that is causing this error and or you are not permitted to add certificates if the licence check fails. 

• If your product is not licensed then the AV will not update and may not be working as intended.  Appliances periodically check their license status if it's expired the appliance will not update.  After the grace period ends the appliance will stop processing traffic.

So its possible SAV may be in a state that is causing this error and or you are not permitted to add certificates if the licence check fails. 

Children
No Data