This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

iMessage Issues Secure Web Gateway

Hey Guys,

I am configuring a Secure Web Gateway trial to test moving away from our current filterring and on to the Sophos appliance. In comparison to our existing solution its miles better but I have one sticking point that i am trying to Iron Out im sure someone on here has experienced or is able to point me in the right direction.

All test users although iMessage works cannot exchange files and I believe this to be related to the File Scanning function (although I could be wrong). I have tried manually making apple.com, icloud.com and 17.0.0.0/8 (Apples IP range) a trusted site, disabled scanning and stopped HTTPS decryption to no avail, file transfers still time out.

Wondering if anyone has any insight as to what may be needed to get this working?

Thanks,

Graham

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I found the answer to my issue, if anyone else gets stuck on this the 17.0.0.0/8 rule worked in the end, we had catagorised as low risk not trusted but a better rule turned out to be making icloud-content.com a trusted site. That's far less IP's than the whole apple /8