Sophos Central ad in UTM 9.6 Beta

I'm sorry but I just ran across this very poorly hidden ad for Sophos Central on the Wireless Protection menu in the latest version of the 9.6 beta.... WTF Sophos? I really don't understand how they can say they're committed to UTM's future and then put this ad into the GUI....

Parents
  • The banner is not intended to be hidden and is a regular promotion of a product which can be used in addition to Sophos UTM.

We have had a number of requests about support for the new APX Series access points from Sophos UTM customers. The banner is intended to inform customers about the option to manage those access points in Sophos Central, as management support for APX is currently not planned for Sophos UTM.

Many of our Sophos UTM customers do not manage Wi-Fi from their UTM/SG but use a separate (non-Sophos) Wi-Fi solution instead and so this is an option for them to use a more scalable Sophos solution, managed from a platform which they may already be using to manage other solutions, namely Sophos Central.

Sophos UTM is by no means ‘dead’ and customers who want to manage their Wi-Fi via their UTM console can continue to do so.

• Hallo Jan,

I expect advertisements in freeware, but not in something that I sell.  It would be cheesy.

Reality check for the marketing person that suggested this and the manager that agreed to try it!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo Jan,

I expect advertisements in freeware, but not in something that I sell.  It would be cheesy.

Reality check for the marketing person that suggested this and the manager that agreed to try it!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data