This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Changing Wireless settings appears to corrupt the configuration

I've been running wireless using an AP15 for a year now.

Generally I'm pleased with the product.  I ran into something recently that suggests a frailty with the system.  I recently tested reducing the power of the access point to reduce my RF footprint.  I also changed the SSID from hidden to visible and back. During this time, connections with my primary wireless network started behaving as if my wireless net were a hot spot, with my phone indicating that I needed to sign in.  When I clicked on the notice, Google popped up (no Sophos sign-in screen).  After a few seconds, the sign-in would time-out and I'd loose the connection.   Note: I do have a hot spot configured, it's just a network I'm not connecting to.

I rebooted the UTM and the AP15 to no affect.  I rebooted the phone to no affect.
turning on and off the various wireless networks had no effect.

Only after deleting and re-configuring the wireless networks then deleting and re-configuring the connection on the phone would normal operation resume.

This is just a story. 

I don't have the time to deconstruct all the logs.  I assume they would simply reflect the behavior I have described.

This does suggest a risk in large environments that could be a real headache.

Regards,

Doug

This thread was automatically locked due to age.