This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Three different models of Sophos, only one does Radius Authentication successfully

Hello 

I have three Sophos devices I manager - SG230, SG135 and SG210.  All three devices are set up identical as far as Radius Wireless Authentication goes.  (radius server, AP's, secret answer back to server, etc)  Each device is at a different state site, but all talk to the Radius server successfully. However, only ONE of the devices handles the authentication correctly, which is the SG230.  The other two show the AP SSID but does not authenticate.  

Barring issues with my authentication server (which it could quite well be), I want to be sure I have all of these devices set up correctly.  Do the older model of Sophos require a certain firmware version for this to work correctly, or something similar to bring them in line with the SG230.  

For a bit more background, the SG230 was the first one set up - the other two have been added a week later.  The SG230 still works without missing a beat.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Are the two non-authenticating UTM's also added to the Radius server as being Radius-clients?

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• apijnappels said:

Are the two non-authenticating UTM's also added to the Radius server as being Radius-clients?

Yes they are

• Hi, Adam, and welcome to the UTM Community!

If you're still having this problem, show the lines in the Wireless log when auth fails.  If possible, also show the related lines from the log in the RADIUS server.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA