This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Possible SSL split attack according to McAfee Mobile Security

Possible SSL Split attack, according to McAfee Mobile Security
I logged into my wifi this morning on my Android device and an alert from Mcafee Security informed me that I was under an SSL split attack. I disabled the SophosGuest wireless network, created a secure WPA2 passphrase, then connected again and the issue still persists. I don't really know where to begin as I'm not sure if its an infected client or if the Sophos UTM has been compromised.

I also downloaded the "wifi security checker" app and performed a scan while connected to the supposedly compromised connection, and everything passes fine.

I have Web filtering (dual antivirus), Intrusion detection, firewall enabled, but I had a pretty weak wifi password. Now, after changing it to a more secure password, Mcafee still alerts me to an SSL split attack.

I also downloadd "ARP Guard" and after connecting to the wireless AP it immediately alerted me to an ARP spoofing detected.

Is there anything in the Wireless Protection log that might alert me to a problem?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data