This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Astaro 10 Ap not seen by UTM 9.502-4

After a year of not using Sophos UTM, I am finally getting my system built and configured. I am having an issue with the Astato 10 access point. It is not seen in wireless protection, access points. DHCP sees the AP, and I made it a static entry in DHCP Server. I can also ping the access point. But nothing is listed under Pending, Inactive, or active access points.

I did try to reset the AP, pressing in the reset button for about one minute and also holding it in, and then apply the power and holding it for about one minute.

Running the home license. Under UTM9.1 / 9.2 it worked just fine on the system, with the home license.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Chad

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • See if running the recovery application from the following article can help:

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/118843

Good luck!

• I followed the instructions. It did not say to use a peer / crossover cable or anything. Unless that is suppose to be a given.

I did as it said and it did give a pop up box that it completed and to remove the AP.

UTM still does not see the AP.

Ideas or suggestions? I did try twice.   This unit is around 6 years old.

Astaro Model: AP 10 REV 1

S/N # a400005596ce872

Firmware folder C:\Users\work\Downloads\red-ap_recoveryapp\Firmware\ already exists
    TFTP: server created; path is C:\Users\work\Downloads\red-ap_recoveryapp\Firmware\
    TFTP: server started
    Successfully fetched network information
    Ethernet 2 - Qualcomm Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30) interface selected
    Successfully changed IPv4 settings for Ethernet 2 - Qualcomm Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
    TFTP: TFTP_RRQ opcode from 192.168.99.9:2315
    TFTP: Read request. Filename ap-10.bin with mode octet
    TFTP: Creating file stream... Done (filestream is VALID)
    TFTP: Sending filestream...
    TFTP: Closing stream... OK
    Finished changing back the network interface settings
    Ethernet 2 - Qualcomm Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30) interface selected
    Successfully changed IPv4 settings for Ethernet 2 - Qualcomm Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
    TFTP: TFTP_RRQ opcode from 192.168.99.9:3641
    TFTP: Read request. Filename ap-10.bin with mode octet
    TFTP: Creating file stream... Done (filestream is VALID)
    TFTP: Sending filestream...
    TFTP: Closing stream... OK
    TFTP: TFTP_WRQ opcode from 192.168.99.9:51078
    Finished changing back the network interface settings
    AP successfully recovered.

• What if you remove the static entry for it and have the UTM detect it and issue it an IP address? See if that forces the AP registration. You can always make an IP reservation for it later.

• I will try that  later in the week. The AP did get it's I.P. from DHCP, and I just told it to make it static. But can remove the reservation and try to clear the lease and see if it finds it now and maybe sets it up.

Thank you for taking th time to look the post over.

Besides the AP, I am working to get my Vlan interfaces setup and things reconfigured for Vlans. But work on one thing at a time so not to mix up what was done / tested or changed for what.

I will post back if I get things figured or not.

As old as it is and with the newer WiFi technologies, I might just want to look into buying a new Sophos Access point for the house, but be nice to have this one up and running and maybe in time MESH them.

Chad

• I will try that  later in the week. The AP did get it's I.P. from DHCP, and I just told it to make it static. But can remove the reservation and try to clear the lease and see if it finds it now and maybe sets it up.

Thank you for taking th time to look the post over.

Besides the AP, I am working to get my Vlan interfaces setup and things reconfigured for Vlans. But work on one thing at a time so not to mix up what was done / tested or changed for what.

I will post back if I get things figured or not.

As old as it is and with the newer WiFi technologies, I might just want to look into buying a new Sophos Access point for the house, but be nice to have this one up and running and maybe in time MESH them.

Chad

Children
No Data