This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Send Accounting Packages to RADIUS

Hey!

I'm going to use the Sophos UTM Firewall and I'm looking forward to limit the WLAN-Access (I use two Sophos AP 15) in form of a time based restriction (Start time, end time, time contingent). As I read the Sophos UTM does not support this functions based on WLAN users. Because of that I want to use an external RADIUS Server. I configured free radius on a RaspBerry Pi and it seems that everything is working fine on my RADIUS Server. The next step would be to connect the Sophos UTM with my RADIUS Server. While configuring the RADIUS Server, I used a simple Router for Authentication and Authorization. Unfortunately the Router does not Support Accounting Packages to observe how long a user is already logged in WLAN. When I realized that, the question comes to my mind if the Sophos UTM sends the necessary Accounting Packages to RADIUS Server.

Does anyone tried this already or has a working environment?

Thank you for your help!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, Lars, and welcome to the UTM Community!

I don't know of a way to do this easily.  Are you trying to assign different connect-time limits to each individual, a standard limit for all?  What is the motivation for wanting to do this?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • as i know, sophos don't send radius accounting data.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.