This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

115w - WiFi failing every day after firmware update

Hello,

I am running a 115w on 9.411-3 with the internal WiFi at 2.4GHz and bridged to AP LAN for over a year now with no problem at all, but since about one week I have noticed that the wifi keeps failing almost every day on almost the same time (19:00-21:00 in the evening). Changing the configuration to force the AP to get reconfigured hasn't helped. The only solution I found is to reboot the whole device.

The only thing I did in the past was the firmware updates, so I blame Sophos for it. Has anyone noticed problems with one of the latest firmwares and the internal WiFi?

If necessary I can provide my logs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dino

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello, I have a SG-115W running with Home license.   Like everyone else the built in wifi was working great until an update, and I've tried all the possible solutions that everyone posted, it may have worked for a short time or not at all.

I had a old SG-115W licenced with a business license. It was fully updated to version 9.505-4.   The Built in Wifi worked perfectly.   A wifi device would connect properly and obtain an IP address.    (On my 115w with home license the SSID broadcasts but can not connect anything to it)

So I wanted to try to apply a home license to this working "Business Appliance"

SSH and rename /etc/asg to /etc/asg.bak rebooted the appliance.

After it rebooted I tried firstly to connect my wifi device to the wifi, and it wouldn't even see the SSID from that unit.

So I put the asg back to normal rebooted and wifi was working again.

Hit the web, and I stumbled upon this site.    https://martinsblog.dk/sophos-utm-use-hardware-appliances-with-home-software-license/

Solution:

edit /etc/asg file and remove the line "ASG_ID....." save it, reboot the device, and the built in wifi is still working with home license.

unfortunately my other device that isn't working, I had deleted the asg file so I tried recreating the file, but it didn't work.  so it looks like I'll have to reload the device and restore from backups.

Hope this helps 

Update:

So my other SG115 I did a complete reload of the software.

Enabled SSH login,

Logged in SSH and removed the ASG_ID line from /etc/asg and rebooted the device.

Applied my Home license, and restored from backups.

And so far, built in wifi is working.

• Hello, I have a SG-115W running with Home license.   Like everyone else the built in wifi was working great until an update, and I've tried all the possible solutions that everyone posted, it may have worked for a short time or not at all.

I had a old SG-115W licenced with a business license. It was fully updated to version 9.505-4.   The Built in Wifi worked perfectly.   A wifi device would connect properly and obtain an IP address.    (On my 115w with home license the SSID broadcasts but can not connect anything to it)

So I wanted to try to apply a home license to this working "Business Appliance"

SSH and rename /etc/asg to /etc/asg.bak rebooted the appliance.

After it rebooted I tried firstly to connect my wifi device to the wifi, and it wouldn't even see the SSID from that unit.

So I put the asg back to normal rebooted and wifi was working again.

Hit the web, and I stumbled upon this site.    https://martinsblog.dk/sophos-utm-use-hardware-appliances-with-home-software-license/

Solution:

edit /etc/asg file and remove the line "ASG_ID....." save it, reboot the device, and the built in wifi is still working with home license.

unfortunately my other device that isn't working, I had deleted the asg file so I tried recreating the file, but it didn't work.  so it looks like I'll have to reload the device and restore from backups.

Hope this helps 

Update:

So my other SG115 I did a complete reload of the software.

Enabled SSH login,

Logged in SSH and removed the ASG_ID line from /etc/asg and rebooted the device.

Applied my Home license, and restored from backups.

And so far, built in wifi is working.

Children
No Data