This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG 115W setup guest wifi

Hello,  

I have a SG 115W running UTM 9.409-9.

Following the directions in this KB https://community.sophos.com/kb/hu-hu/122080   I setup my internal wifi using the built in wifi and that works fine.      I'm having troubles setting up a guest wifi using the internal wifi. I would like to have the guest wifi on a separate IP being isolated from each other.

I can't seem to find a good walk through, so I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Go so I've gotten the guest setup but I can't seem to hide the two networks from eachother, or at the very least, I don't want the guest network which has an ip of 192.168.4.x to ping/ communicate with my main network IP scheme of 192.168.5.x

For my Main network 192.168.5.x I'm using Web Filtering, but I just want to allow un-restricted internet access through to my guest wifi.

Thanks

• well I figured out how to block the cross traffic between the two IP schemes..    I set a firewall rule to drop traffic coming from 192.168.4.x to 192.168.5.x.

• That's a working solution, Mike, so I wouldn't necessarily change it.

If your firewall rule to let Guest Wireless out on the Internet is for "Any" traffic, then that also includes "Internal (Network)."  If you replace "Any" in that rule with "Internet" or "Internet IPv4," you won't need the blocking rule.

The other thing you will want to do is to go to the 'Misc' tab in 'Web Protection >> Filtering Options' and add "Internal (Network)" to the Destination Skiplist.  That way, guests won't be able to use their browser to reach your internal IPs.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA