This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hotspot and Cisco APs

We use the Hotspot functionality of the UTM and have integrated the Cisco Access Point Solution. 

We use Firmware 9.408-4 on the SG 230

As long as we do not involve the hotspot Functionality but try  to access the provoded Guest WLAN through the Access Points directly, it works. 

But we want the Voucher Services from the Sophos UTM to regulate guest access.

If we enable the Hotspot function, we are no longer able to access the internet or  the voucher web page from the Computer that is in the guest wlan.

The VLAN we setup is 254.

Thus we provied a DHCP Server in this net and enabled NAT Masquerading as several best practise guides recommended.

I can reach the network 10.0.254.x, I do get a DHCP Address from the Sophos UTM and although the settings are made

I cannot ping the 10.0.254.254 address and do not get the login webpage. 

It seems as somehow the route is not set or working correctly.

I can ping the guest network of the WLAN Controller.

I would be happy if someone could provide me with a solution or point me in a direction where to look further.

regards

Oliver K.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Cisco AP's? What AP's are these? AFAIK, the Sophos hotspots will only work with Sophos AP's....

• Hi,

i think you enable DNS for this VLAN too.?

Try to connect a computer  with wire to this VLAN.

does the Hostspot function work?

Do you get access to the internet?

Do you use a standalone  accesspoint or a controller based solution from cisco?

Some Cisco devices block some traffic.

Try a more simple accesspoint.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Louis, the rest of Wireless Protection only works with Sophos APs, but Hotspots will work on any Interface, even wired ones, so an interface connected to a network of Cisco APs could use UTM Hotspot.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, Oliver, and welcome to the UTM Community!

This should work, so there must be something that you don't realize you need to tell us.  First, does #1 in Rulz give you any hints?

If that doesn't shine a light on the problem, please show us pictures of the relevant configurations.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Oddly enough Bob, I was just looking at this the other day and was surprised when the login popped up when I enabled it.

It's a nice little feature to have for sure.

• Do I need a dedicated interface connecting to Cisco AP to use hotspot feature?

• Yes.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • BAlfson said:

Louis, the rest of Wireless Protection only works with Sophos APs, but Hotspots will work on any Interface, even wired ones, so an interface connected to a network of Cisco APs could use UTM Hotspot.

Cheers - Bob

How can I set up an ap to work with UTM hotspot? I have 2 sophos AP30 using it but I'd like to add an aruba 93 to extend the signal.

• The basic idea is 

If you AP supports VLAN then you can create a SSID map to VLAN and then create a wifi hotspot associated to the same VLAN on your UTM

• Usbkey said:

The basic idea is 

If you AP supports VLAN then you can create a SSID map to VLAN and then create a wifi hotspot associated to the same VLAN on your UTM

I have 2 Sophos AP30 running a Guest Hotspot on a dedicated subnet, I want to add my aruba to the same existing hotspot, not to create one. Thank you.