This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED 15w wireless bridge to ap lan

Hi all,

am i doing sonething wrong if i want to configure wireless network bridged to AP LAN on RED 15w? Same ssid works like a charm on AP15C and AP55C but not on RED.

I cant scan this SSID, only SSID which is working is when set to Separate Zone...

Thank you, Vitek

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Vivek,

Please post screenshots of the configuration in UTM.  Meanswhile, I will look if any such instance is reported and happens to be a behaviour.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi, there has been made simple basic configuration and the only way to get SSID shown is Separate zone associated to only one RED, when it is network in separate zone and is associated to more APs (RED+55C+15C) then network does not work on RED...

• This sounds like a problem similar to the one with the SG 1x5w devices a year and a half ago when they were new.  I developed Workaround: How to bridge Internal and 1x5w wireless that resolved the issue at the time, but the devs got it working within a few months.  If my workaround helps with the RED 15, please let us know.  In any case, you'll want to get Support involved so that this is brought to the attention of the devs.

Cheers -Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob, thank you for advice, but actually i cant rename LAN interface on RED device, i"ve thought about bridging separate zone interface to local one, but in my setup there are two SG210 in HA and they are in hosting center - it can be bridged to interface for subnet in hosting, that is what i wan't to.

On each branch office is RED, (50 or 15w) and i want them to have single SSID for company notebooks and it should be bridged to DHCP for REDs LAN, so wireless and LAN clients are in the same subnet.

I gave it some time today, when i set on RED 15w AP one or more SSID set as Separate Zone, all are working, then one more SSID bridged and all SSIDs are down and cant see them anymore.

For me the only solution is to have /23 subnet and DHCP on SG210 and SSID in Separate Zone :-/

Should i contact our reseller or do you have some tricks how to escalate issues faster to higher level? :-) We have only std. support.

Thank you, Vitek

• A knowledgeable reseller will always be your fastest solution.  If you don't have one at present, Open a support ticket at https://sophserv.sophos.com/?TabHier=Single%20Contact%20Support-Technical%20support-Licensed.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Ho Bob,

i've got an update on this...

Problem of disapearing SSID is not caused by Brodge to AP LAN - i found it working...

But problem is caused by network with WEP-128, this security option does not work on RED, i need it for some induatrial devices which i want to set to new SSID with WPA2, but currently they are set on WEP so first i need to have them connected...

• Bug should be fixed 9.405, told me support... But they dont told me release date...

Anyone knows?

Vitek

• We are having 2017 and we are having still the issue, we testet in February:

We have several sg115w that will not provide a proper bridged network on the internal WiFi:

The SSID is visible but we can't connect.

As soon as we add an additional AP10 or AP15 it works like a charm on those external AP but still not on the internal.

• Sorry, SG115w - not RED.