This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

AP55 and mesh network

Hi guys,

Just a simply question does AP55 Work with mesh network ?

Regards,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi wolfbeast,
    no, only the AP50.
    Greetings,
    Andreas
  • Thank you for the answer treskaan

But I don't understand why it doesn't work with AP55.
    AP55 is the last/new version of AP50, so it must have at least the same technical characteristics. isn't it ?
  • The AP55 has another chipset and therefore we need to redo the implementation.
  • See also the official Statement therefor:
    One compelling feature with the AP 50 has been the support for wireless mesh networks. This allows an access point to be installed either as a wireless bridge to connect two Ethernet segments over the air, or as a wireless repeater to broadcast wireless networks. In both cases, the mesh access point does not need its own Ethernet connection. In reality, less than 10% of our customers actually use this feature.

If you have strategic projects requiring support for Wireless Mesh Networks—which is not yet supported by the successor products - please contact your local Sophos Systems Engineer or Channel Account Manager.

To ensure that we have alternative products with mesh support available in the future, we are adding support for meshing for 802.11n on the AP 55 and AP 100 by early September. This will fulfill the needs of most customers requiring this feature and since it will be an 'in place' upgrade, customers who buy an AP 55 or AP 100 today, can add mesh support as soon as the upgrade is available. Providing meshing support for 802.11ac (with much higher throughput) is much more complex, and therefore, it is not expected to be available in this calendar year. We will keep you informed about the status.

Please send me Spam gueselkuebel@sg-utm.also-solutions.ch

• @Gaston, wow you are good informed! Thats indeed the current state of development, but IMO far to unready to be announced.
    I will post an update here once we are ready.
  • Argh, just bought myself two AP100C + Cisco PoE switches for bridging my lan at home and was wondering why i can't add my APs in the mesh network definition. /:

Thanks @Gaston for the good news in my personal misery. (:

Cheers,
    Lars

ACE 7.x
  • mesh is working finally. \o/ successfully tested with 2 x AP100C.

cheers,
    Lars
  • Hi folks,
    meshing was implemented in the 9.350-12 for AP15, AP55/c and AP100/c using 2.4ghz.

Ian
  • Just got 2 AP55's and made a 2.4ghz  mesh network. Then I started to do a 5 ghz mesh network and when I hit save. It said 5ghz mesh network is not supported. If not supported then why does it have the setting to set a 5 ghz mesh network up but you can't save it.

It has been since Oct 2015 meshing was implemented for the AP55 only for 2.4ghz. When is mesh network going to be supported for 5ghz?

Thanks

• hello sir/madam

i just followed all instructions on how to mesh network on ap 50 but i think the mesh access bridge doesnt broadcast certain ssid like what the root access does.

how can i test if i correctly configured this mesh network?

btw, im using ap 55 on utm 9.407-3

tyvm

tia