This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

115w - do these actually work?

Set up our first 115w today and ran into problems when we got to enabling wireless.  A guest network set up in a separate zone worked fine, but trying to set up another network that will share the main LAN appears to be impossible.  Choosing "bridge with AP LAN" results in being unable to check the box to assign the network to the access point.

Called support and their less-than-impressive response was "umm I don't think it should do that but I don't really know and let me escalate this and someone will reach out in a few hours" but of course no one has.

Anyone know if there is a bug that prevents this from working the way it's supposed to on these new integrated boxes?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • You shouldn't have to re-create any rules, but as step 5 shows, you will need to modify some rules that you already have in place.     

Cheers - Bob   

Sorry for any short responses.   
    Posted from my iPhone.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • You shouldn't have to re-create any rules, but as step 5 shows, you will need to modify some rules that you already have in place.     

Cheers - Bob   

Sorry for any short responses.   
    Posted from my iPhone.

Hi Bob,

I've followed your instructions on two separate occasions now and both times I've failed to properly configure the internal WiFi. Once was on outdated firmware a month ago and the next attempt was last week on the very latest firmware.

I can carry out all the instructions and had created a Bridge AP to LAN and the new interface etc. LAN traffic is fine but WiFi clients connecting to the new internal SSID do not receive DHCP and when I set a static IP address, they still can't talk to the LAN.

I've been on the phone to support and the first tech I've spoken said it looks properly configured and his next suggestion was to move DHCP (and DNS?) from our Windows server to the Sophos Unit but seeing that a static IP didn't correct the problem, I'm a little hesitant.

I feel like I'm now just missing one little check-box that will allow the bridge to function correctly.
  • Hey Guys, hi TNT.

we got the same probleme here with 105w 9.352 Firmware. Still get no ip from internal dhcp. In addition we doesnt can handshake the wifi if WPA/WPA2 is active. It only works with "no Security" but the dhcp probleme is still present :(.

i will try tommorow workaround
    community.sophos.com/.../208720

:( crap onboard wifi!

Sophos Platinum Partner 
    Sophos Certified Architect
    (Ceritfied UTM Architect / Certified XG Architect)

• What boxes do you have ticked in the AP advanced settings?

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Reply Children
No Data