This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

115w - do these actually work?

Set up our first 115w today and ran into problems when we got to enabling wireless.  A guest network set up in a separate zone worked fine, but trying to set up another network that will share the main LAN appears to be impossible.  Choosing "bridge with AP LAN" results in being unable to check the box to assign the network to the access point.

Called support and their less-than-impressive response was "umm I don't think it should do that but I don't really know and let me escalate this and someone will reach out in a few hours" but of course no one has.

Anyone know if there is a bug that prevents this from working the way it's supposed to on these new integrated boxes?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The builtin AP functionality is borked IMO, they really should redesign this mess. To get it running, you need to create an additional SSID using the 'standalone interface' client traffic type. This will create a new bridge interface where you need to assign an additional Ethernet port to bridge the Wifi into. Separate zone using the internal AP does not work either (you can configure it, though).

BTW: Could you please post an "lspci -nn" from that box? Would be interesting to know which wifi-card they put into those boxes.
  • The builtin AP functionality is borked IMO, they really should redesign this mess. To get it running, you need to create an additional SSID using the 'standalone interface' client traffic type. This will create a new bridge interface where you need to assign an additional Ethernet port to bridge the Wifi into. Separate zone using the internal AP does not work either (you can configure it, though).

BTW: Could you please post an "lspci -nn" from that box? Would be interesting to know which wifi-card they put into those boxes.
Children
No Data