This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Https hotspot

I want to use an hotspot with an Backend-Authentication. A test with Wireshark shows me, that the authentication is not encrypted and you can easily read out username an password.
Any ideas how to change that the Portal authentication is send over HTTPS?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Marcel, is your backend configured to use credentials in clear text?  What happens if you change that?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Accessing the hotspot over HTTPS will be available in 9.3.
  • Hi

The HTTPS doesnt works in 9.3 and later versions. As per my setup I created 3 Hotspots for Staff, Students and Guest and added VLAN's for Main and Different campuses which are connected via RED to the UTM. Also I got a SSL COMODO signed certificate which I have added into the UTM and use it as a default for Hotspot login but unable to use them under the different SSID's because all the VLAN's have different IP and we cannot create a same hostname as given under SSL certificate for all the VLAN IP's. 

I like to know is there any option to use different SSL certificate for different SSID's created under Hostspot.