This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wireless Client Hostname instead of Mac Address

Hello, we have about 50 AP100C's in our environment.   When I look at the connected client list, its just a list of Mac Addresses.  I'd like it to display the actual hostname of the device connected to a particular SSID or AP.   I have tried adding the in-arpa in DNS/Request Routing, but that doesn't seem to do the trick.  I verified that I put it in properly matching what is shown in the Reverse DNS of our DNS server.  Any ideas how to get the UTM to show the hostname under Wireless Clients instead of Mac?

Thank You

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • hey dan, what is your finial solution to this topic? do stay with the UTM-DHCP for wifi clients? thanks for an answer
  • I'd be interested in this too. At the moment, the UTM just isn't giving me what I require with regards to ip addressing etc.

Our guest network is segregated at the router level with ACL's there so there's no crossover of lans etc

Dhcp leases are done at the local router level for the guest. I might try and move them to the UTM for the guest networks to see how it get's on.....

• I'd be interested in this too. At the moment, the UTM just isn't giving me what I require with regards to ip addressing etc.

Our guest network is segregated at the router level with ACL's there so there's no crossover of lans etc

Dhcp leases are done at the local router level for the guest. I might try and move them to the UTM for the guest networks to see how it get's on.....

Children
No Data