This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Guest WIFI network not working properly. Some apps not receiving data.

Equipment:

Sophos Firewall SG230 (UTM9)

Firmware version: 9.701-6

Access point AP-15 

Issue:

I have connected several AP to my network, generated 2 wifi networks, 1 bridged to my LAN working fine and another (guest wifi) in a separate zone:

The devices (mostly mobile phones) connect to this network with no problem. The web surfing works great, no problem at all. I have this firewall rule:

I detected a problem with Iphone activation, it throws an "activation server is unavailable". If I connect to another wifi it works fine. After this incident I have detected some more abnormal behaviour:

1.- Twitter app doesn't update, but the notification works. After opening the app the updating icon moves until a message appear "Cannot retrieve messages at this time, please try again later."

2.- Netflix app doesn't work. You can choose your profile but after that it shows nothing. (screenshot below)

The weird thing is that I can login to twitter or watch netflix from a web browser in a device connected to the same wifi (guest). So it clearly is a problem with the mobile apps.

Any hints to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children