This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Access to split networks does not work via wifi from RED 15w.

Hello everybody, we have the following scenario:

Our Sophos SG 230 has last firmware.
We have added Sophos RED Interface to Wireless Protection> Global Settings> access control
Sophos RED is added as an access point in SG 230 (is active) and this access point is assigned the wifi network "Office2-Wifi".

In the firewall we have created an Allow rule: RED networks> any> any
Under "Interfaces" we did not create a wifi-interface for Wifi network because no wireless NIC is displayed under available NICs. Now eth0, eth1, etc. are displayed. But this step is not necessary with "Bridget to LAN AP" Wifi?

It works:

If a laptop is connected to Sophos RED LAN port, then the laptop can access internet and split networks (behind SG 230) - Everything is OK.

That does not work:

If the laptop is connected via Wifi, then the laptop has access to internet but not to split networks (behind SG 230). I can not reach split networks (timeout by ping to server ip adresses behind SG 210) 

Please help,  what did I set up wrong?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Update.
    I've removed RED15W Access Point and added it again and it works suddenly, with no further changes in settings!
    Unbelievable, such business solutions have to be stable.

• Hallo Sergey and welcome to the UTM Community!

If you search here, you will see that others reported this same issue after Up2Dating to 9.601/2 and solved the problem just as you did.  This glitch in the Up2Date process seems to have touched many more UTMs than any we've seen in the last year.  Still, it felt like less than 1% of wireless REDs were affected.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA